Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fix Approved Chicken Fajita Qunioa Bowls

Please excuse the desk photo... this one was taken on my lunch break.

One of my strongest cravings has always been Mexican food. I could probably eat at least one Mexican-inspired meal every single day. I was so excited when I made this chicken fajita quinoa bowl for the first time and it actually curbed my cravings without ruining my progress!

1 yellow container prepared quinoa
1 red thinly sliced fajita seasoned chicken*
1 green thinly sliced bell pepper and onion
1 yellow container corn and black beans
1/2 green container of shredded lettuce or spinach
1/2 purple container salsa
1/2 red container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 blue shredded cheddar cheese

I literally just mix everything together in a bowl except for the salsa, yogurt, and lettuce, and pop it in the microwave. Then top your fajita bowl with salsa, yogurt, and shredded lettuce.

* All I did to make the fajita chicken was marinate boneless, skinless chicken breasts overnight in a mixture of lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. I threw mine on the grill, but you could also bake the chicken. I keep this on hand all the time for when I'm craving this recipe, fajitas, taco salad, enchilada soup, or taco pizza..... all of which I we be posting recipes for shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment